Your Work and Life Matter: Managing Fear, Anxiety and Stress During Pandemics
(90 minutes) Are you struggling with fear? Are you having problems coping with anxiety? Are you overwhelmed by stress? Fear, anxiety and stress are realities for employees, particularly during pandemics. Having the tools in order to process these emotions and to overcome obstacles that they present is paramount for success. Building your toolbox with creative techniques will aid in the process. This webinar is designed to address some of the impactful areas that employers and employees need to resolve and address to minimize the effects that fear, stress and anxiety may create. The presenters will provide practical tools, strategies, and approaches to address and embrace fear, stress and anxiety to help plan for the foreseeable future.
Kris Monahan, Director, Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance, Providence College
Derick Jones, Program Manager, Translational Genomics and Population Sciences, Lundquist Institute for Biomedical Innovation at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Melanie Hebl, Education Coordinator, Research and Sponsored Programs, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the chat box in the webinar room to access this feature.
Member Price: $125.00
Non-Member Price: $150.00
- Employers will learn how to help reduce stress and anxiety during times of crisis
- Employees will learn coping mechanisms to reduce stress and anxiety related burnout
- Employers and employees will learn strategies to deal with times of crisis and plan for the future
Director, Sponsored Projects and Research Compliance
Lundquist Institute for Biomedical Innovation at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
Education Coordinator, Research and Sponsored Programs
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.