Webinar 2 - Implementing Impact Reporting
(90 minutes) After having gained an understanding of general principles of impact and impact reporting in the first webinar, this second webinar will go into more depth around how you can implement different strategies in a practical way, equipping research managers with tools to support academics to plan, capture and report impact. This webinar will explore how to plan for your impact by identifying stakeholders, activities and outcomes and evidencing demonstrable change.
Lucy Day, Impact Officer, Research and Innovation Services, Liverpool John Moores University
Jory Weintraub, Director of Duke Broader Impacts Resource Center and Co-Principal Investigator of ARIS (Advancing Research Impacts in Society) Center
Kristy Evers, Training Manager, Vertigo Ventures
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $105.00
Non-Member Price: $125.00
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $25.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the "Add" button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendees to gain an understanding of some practical tools to use for impact planning.
- Attendees to come away with ideas of how to implement some useful strategies for capturing and tracking impact in their institution.
- Attendees to gain an understanding of effective and targeted impact reporting for different audiences.
Impact Officer, Research and Innovation Services
Liverpool John Moores University
Director of Duke Broader Impacts Resource Center
Co-Principal Investigator of ARIS (Advancing Research Impacts in Society) Center
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.