Upping Your Game: Strategies to Maximize Opportunities While Managing Risk in Pre-Award Research Administration
90 Minutes: With Federal funding rates around 20%, depending on the agency and program, and institutional resources sparse, it’s important to maximize opportunities while reducing risk and administrative burden at our institutions. This webinar builds on best practices for analyzing funding trends and building research portfolios that maximize opportunities for success. Coupled with tips on developing proposal components designed to sell the project, while implementing effective strategies for ensuring compliant, competitive proposals, this webinar is intended for those wanting to up their game when it comes to developing and submitting competitive proposals.
Tricia Callahan - Senior Research Education & Information Officer, Office of Sponsored Programs, Colorado State University
Gai Doran - Director of Research, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies, Harvard University
Susan Sorensen - Product Manager of Sponsored Programs, Research, Kuali
Level - Intermediate
Prerequisites - Designed for persons with a basic understanding of award agency types, typical parts of a proposal, institutional proposal routing and submission, and the peer-review process. Tailored for those interested in developing and applying strategies for resourcing faculty to develop more competitive proposals, while maximizing institutional resources.
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Member Price: $95
Non-Member Price: $115
Following this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Analyze funding trends in Federal and private sectors, while identifying ways to promote and support those opportunities with higher funding rates.
- Identify ways to sell the research, and the research team, within parts of the proposal outside the project description.
- Evaluate complex proposals for risk to the institution, and develop strategies for handling high-risk submissions.
- Make a case for timely submissions through constructing frameworks to communicate roles, responsibilities and risks.
- Build networks for sharing proposal development strategies and soliciting a diversity of ideas both within and outside your institution.
Senior Research Education & Information Officer
Colorado State University
Director of Research, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Product Manager of Sponsored Programs, Research
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.