Understanding the Administratively Complex and High-risk Business Objective of Cost Sharing
90 Minutes: Cost sharing represents an administratively complex and high-risk business objective. This webinar will explore the many elements of cost sharing, ranging from the pre-award, often strategic decision to engage in cost sharing from different methods to handle the post award management of cost sharing, offering the participant a lifecycle view of cost sharing.
The webinar will touch on basic concepts such as what constitutes cost sharing at the proposal stage and federal policies and guidelines related to cost sharing, but will primarily be focused on more complicated concepts, including the impacts of cost sharing on an institution, the functional areas cost sharing touches outside of sponsored research (e.g., finance and budget), and the weighing of strategic interests against traditional compliance when entering into a cost share agreement.
Pre-requisites: The webinar will touch on basic concepts such as what constitutes cost sharing at the proposal stage and federal policies and guidelines related to cost sharing, but will primarily be focused on more complicated concepts, so a general understanding of cost sharing will be helpful.
Handouts will be available 2 hours before the live webinar.
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $25.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the Add button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants will explore challenges and approaches related to tracking and funding of cost share commitments and effectively using enterprise management systems to help where possible, including a case study examining an institutional change in post-award cost sharing tracking (including evaluation, design, and implementation).
Director of Pre-Award, Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Virginia
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.