Research Development for Research Administrators: Understanding, Mapping and Leveraging Assets
(90 minutes) In an effort to increase the number of quality proposals submitted to external sponsors, both large and small institutions are discovering the value of providing research development services to faculty. However, many institutions do not establish a research development office separate from the sponsored programs office, but rather formalize and expand functions in the Pre-Award office to focus more on research development. For the research administrator, understanding research development and how to integrate it with current sponsored programs activities can seem daunting.
This webinar will help research administrators understand the basics of research development and how to integrate research development strategies with sponsored programs activities. Participants will receive planning tools designed to help identify and leverage the strengths of their sponsored programs office, as well as to create and implement research development activities in their institutions.
Michelle M. Schoenecker, M.A., Senior Proposal Development Manager, Research Development Services, Office of Research & Office of Sponsored Programs, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Martin B. Williams, M.A., Director, Office of Sponsored Programs, William Paterson University
Kathryn Wrench, M.B.A., Associate Director - Research Services, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Wayne State University
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $99
Non-Member Price: $118
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $25.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the "Add" button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email email@example.com.
- Participants will be able to define the term “research development”.
- Participants will be able to identify approaches, resources, and models to integrate research development into research administration.
- Participants will be able to list activities typically associated with research development.
- Participants will be able to identify specific strategies or next steps to enhance research development at their home institutions.
Michelle M. Schoenecker, M.A.
Senior Proposal Development Manager, Research Development Services, Office of Research & Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Martin B. Williams, M.A.
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
William Paterson University
Kathryn Wrench, M.B.A.
Associate Director - Research Services, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Wayne State University
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.