Optimizing Capital Asset Practices
Includes a Live Web Event on 10/04/2023 at 2:00 PM (EDT)
Unlimited Free Additional Logins for Your Institution!
Optimizing Capital Asset Practices
October 4, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm EDT * Webinar
3:35 – 4:30 pm EDT * After the Show * Talk with the Faculty Directly!
Research administration continues to face increasing compliance and regulation coupled with fewer available resources. This discussion will demonstrate how the successful implementation of capital asset accounting practices can lower risks, increase recoveries, and provide useful data for other institutional needs. We will explore various driving forces for accurate fixed asset records including: audit, accountability, Uniform Guidance compliance, FAR Compliance, F&A (indirect cost) recovery, useful life analysis, federal requirements, risk management, and budget planning.
Highlights of the discussion will include:
- Review compliance mandates and increased audit accountability and reporting requirements.
- Discern the need for accurate fixed asset data from external stakeholders such as Risk Management, Accounting, Research and Sponsored Programs.
- Establish consistent capital asset accounting classes and useful lives.
- Discuss the potential increase for university capital equipment depreciation allocation and subsequent recoveries generated through F&A rate calculations.
- Provide examples of best practices for accountability, disposals, transfers, F&A recovery, risk management, UG and FAR Compliance.
- Learn how mobile based and RFID applications can reduce resources required while improving accuracy and completeness of asset data collected.
Format of webinar: 90-minute presentation, followed by 55 minutes of discussion.
- Learn compliance strategies for capital equipment inventory process, accounting for sponsored assets, and disposition and transfer of assets.
- Learn the various types of technology used by peer institutions and efficiencies to be gained.
- Participants will see the impact that using good consistent cost accounting principles have on the results of their F&A rate calculations.
Assistant Director, Sponsored Research Audit
Chief Operations Officer
HCA Asset Management
Senior Compliance Officer
University of Colorado Boulder
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
NCURA webinars use the Zoom Webinar platform. To confirm that you are ready to participate, please test your browser before joining the webinar, or review the more detailed system requirements.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
Member Price: $130.00
Non-Member Price: $160.00
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at your institution for no additional charge.
When you are checking out, click the "Add Extra Login" button in your cart, and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If they already have a profile in the registration system, their name will pop up and you can add them to your registration.
If that person has never logged in to the Online Learning Center their name will not come up. Please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then log into this registration site. This initial login is required for the registration site to communicate with NCURA's database. After that, you will be able to add them to your registration.*
If you add at least one additional registration with yours, you will be able to change or add more registrations for the webinar in the future by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button.
*If you have already checked out without adding any additional logins but would still like to invite others from your institution, please refer to the extra logins tab for a registration link for your institution. Note, this tab will only appear after you have completed your paid registration.
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the Closed Captioning icon in your zoom tools.
For technical assistance email email@example.com