Managing Subawards Tips and Tricks
90 minutes: So many subawards, with so little time. How do you manage all the requirements for contracting, audit, compliance, internal controls, and still maintain your sanity? This webinar will focus on strategies and best practices for managing subawards for both the central administration office and academic departments. It will cover streamlining and simplifying monitoring processes, all while meeting federal obligations and protecting the institution.
Prerequisites: Participants will want an understanding of subaward issuance and monitoring, and want a deeper dive into implementing subrecipient monitoring policies at both the central and departmental level.
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $95
Non-Member Price: $115
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $25.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the "Add" button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subrecipient monitoring requirements, per the Uniform Guidance (UG).
- What must (vs. should) institutions do to comply with the requirements per the UG.
- How to determine your organization’s risk appetite when designing policies and procedures.
- How central administration and academic departments can work together to participate in compliance with the regulations.
- Best practices for audit, with a discussion of audit experiences, from the perspective of both central and departmental administration.
Assistant Director, Subaward Oversight & Compliance, Office of Sponsored Research under the Office of Research Administration
Director of Administrative Services, National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism
University of Maryland
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.