HR Series: 2020 and Beyond: A Changing Workforce, The Impact on Research Administration & Evolving Approaches to Recruitment and Retention
Includes a Live Event on 02/25/2020 at 2:00 PM (EST)
(90 minutes) As we begin 2020, this session reflects on the changing demographic workforce, specifically in terms of age. It considers the trends in retirement and upsurge in younger workers entering the workforce and progressing in their careers. It focuses on recruitment and retention of younger workers, on the diverse needs of the full age range of workers in the work force and on how to harness the power of those wide range of workers to support your mission and team goals.
Saiqa Anne Qureshi, PhD, MBA, Contracts and Grants Accounting Analysis Manager University of California, San Francisco
Liz Grinstead, Interim Senior Research Administrator, Colorado State University
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $105.00
Non-Member Price: $125.00
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $25.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the "Add" button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email email@example.com.
- Understanding the demographic reality of 2020-who is in the workforce and what that means.
- Understanding trends and forecasts for the next 5 and 10+ years, to support recruitment and succession planning etc.
- Strategies to support multiple demographic groups in the work force, to harness the power of those diverse groups to work together to make your team stronger.
- Review and discussion of recruitment techniques specifically aimed at younger workers
- Review and discussion of retention of employees at a range of ages, life stages and career stages.
Saiqa Anne Qureshi, PhD, MBA
Contracts and Grants Accounting Analysis Manager, University of California, San Francisco
Saiqa Anne Qureshi, PhD MBA, (UCSF) is the Contracts and Grants Accounting Analysis Manager for UCSF, managing the Line of Credit and Collections teams. She has over ten years of research management experience in both the US and Europe, and is a sought after speaker, trainer, editor and writer.
Interim Senior Research Administrator, Colorado State University
Liz Grinstead is an Interim Senior Research Administrator in Sponsored Programs at Colorado State University. She serves Treasurer for Region VII 2020-2022 and is highly involved in volunteering with the region. Liz can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.