Foreign Influence Requirements Roundup: Agency by Agency Current Expectations Plus a Sneak Peek at What We Think is Coming
(90 minutes) With the wealth of information constantly coming out (or being promulgated) related to foreign influence issues, concerns – and requirements that agencies need to impose to address those concerns – it can be hard to keep up with what research administrators need to comply with. This webinar will be a pragmatic snapshot of the national picture, what requirements exist TODAY from various federal agencies related to foreign influence and related national security issues, and what is most likely (but no promises!) heading our way in the coming months. Some research administrators already deeply embedded in foreign influence issues may not learn anything new; for the rest of us, this will allow an opportunity to “catch up” or confirm the current interpretation of the guidance as well as having an idea of what requirements or legislation may be bubbling up in this space in the coming months.
Jim Luther, Associate Vice President Finance & Compliance Officer, Duke University
Pamela Webb, Associate Vice President for Research, University of Minnesota
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $105.00
Non-Member Price: $125.00
- Participants will be able to perform a “self-check” of proposal and award foreign influence requirements to make sure their institutions have addressed agency expectations (or know what they need to work on)
- Participants will know where new requirements are most likely to emerge (not counting surprises!) and be able to watch for developments in these areas.
Associate Vice President, Finance & Compliance Officer
Associate Vice President for Research, Sponsored Projects Administration
University of Minnesota
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.