Financial Post-Award Essentials
Includes a Live Event on 03/04/2020 at 12:30 PM (EST)
Workshop Time: 4 hours.
The Financial Post-Award Essentials workshop will cover various areas of research financial management including internal controls, financial business processes, facilities and administration costs, audit and compliance supplement requirements. This workshop will provide information on financial Post-Award research administration through a combination of lecture, case studies and discussion of shared experiences and best practices.
This workshop will provide overview level information of financial Post-Award research administration through a combination of lecture, case studies and discussion of shared experiences and best practices.
A. Chea Smith, Director, Cost Analysis and Reporting, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Lamar K. Oglesby, Director, Grant & Contract Accounting, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Jaquion L. Gholston, Associate Director of Sponsored Accounting, Office of Sponsored Accounting & Cost Analysis, Stevens Institute of Technology
Program Level: Overview
The On-Demand recording will be available 10 business days after the live presentation.
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at a discounted price of $80.00 per log-in. When you are checking out, click the Add button and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If that person does not already have an NCURA profile, please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then you will be able to register them with your registration. You will be able to change or add more registrations by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button. If you have any questions about this option, please email email@example.com.
- Participants will be able to articulate cost accounting principles.
- Participants will understand the importance of internal controls.
- Participants will appreciate the purpose of F&A and the importance of proper expense coding.
- Participants will understand effort certification and different compensation compliance models.
- Participants will understand the importance and take-away key components of Federal Audits.
- Participants will learn to recognize key compliance requirements.
A. Chea Smith
Director, Cost Analysis and Reporting
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Lamar K. Oglesby
Director, Grant & Contract Accounting
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Jaquion L. Gholston
Associate Director of Sponsored Accounting, Office of Sponsored Accounting & Cost Analysis
Stevens Institute of Technology
Participants receive 3.25 hours of continuing education credits = .3 CEU's.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the video workshop.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.