Cost Scare Share: The Good, the Bad and the Horror!
Recorded On: 01/26/2023
Unlimited Free Additional Logins for Your Institution!
Scare Share: The Good, the Bad and the Horror!
January 26, 2023
2:00 – 3:30 pm EST * Webinar
3:35 – 4:30 pm EST * After the Show * Talk with the Faculty Directly!
Cost sharing can be a challenge to research administrators, new and old, and it can present a lot of burdens, some may say horror! This webinar is designed to provide an overview and share horror stories and tips for navigating cost share across the lifecycle, including at the proposal, award receipt, award management, and closeout stages. Attend this webinar to learn from real-life case studies and make cost-sharing less of a nightmare! This presentation will help attendees define cost sharing, identify the types of cost sharing, explain how cost sharing can go wrong, and touch on best practices and experiences from the presenters’ time in research administration, as well as the After the Show for discussion and Q&;A!
- It's recommended, though optional for participants to have some experience in research administration.
- Participants will benefit from an intermediate understanding of research administration, which builds upon their knowledge base to tackle a complex subject. Participants who want a detailed review and problem-solving solutions for cost-sharing will also find this helpful.
Format of webinar: 90-minute presentation, followed by 55 minutes of discussion.
- Participants will be able to apply the principles of the federal Uniform Guidance that govern federal cost-share requirements.
- Participants will take away "lessons learned" from cost-sharing case studies.
- Participants will understand the key cost-sharing issues across the lifecycle of an award.
Chief Financial Officer
Clinical and Translational Research Institute, University at Buffalo
Sponsored Research Manager, Physics, Mathematics and Astronomy
California Institute of Technology
Higher Ed Consulting Director
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
NCURA webinars use the GoToWebinar platform. To confirm that you are ready to participate, please test your browser before joining the webinar, or review the more detailed system requirements.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
Member Price: $130.00
Non-Member Price: $160.00
Your registration includes one log-in. We are pleased to provide the opportunity for you to register additional sites at your institution for no additional charge.
When you are checking out, click the "Add Extra Login" button in your cart, and type in the email address of your colleague that you would like to register. If they already have a profile in the registration system, their name will pop up and you can add them to your registration.
If that person has never logged in to the Online Learning Center their name will not come up. Please have them go to the NCURA website to create a profile, then log into this registration site. This initial login is required for the registration site to communicate with NCURA's database. After that, you will be able to add them to your registration.*
If you add at least one additional registration with yours, you will be able to change or add more registrations for the webinar in the future by clicking “My Registrations” in the menu at the top left of the home page, then clicking the “Purchases for Others” button.
*If you have already checked out without adding any additional logins but would still like to invite others from your institution, please refer to the extra logins tab for a registration link for your institution. Note, this tab will only appear after you have completed your paid registration.
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on "Closed Caption" in the Handouts of the webinar room to access this feature.
For technical assistance email email@example.com