Compliance and the Uniform Guidance
(90 minutes) The Uniform Guidance is one of the most important regulatory changes implemented in decades. While its purpose was to reduce administrative burden and safeguard against waste or misuse of funds, compliance remains the primary focus. With new proposed changes on the horizon, IHEs (Institutions of Higher Education) once again prepare to implement policies and procedures in a seemingly never-ending quest for compliance. This session will explore the Uniform Guidance sections on cost principles, internal controls, and audits.
Tolise Dailey, Training Manager, Office of the Vice Provost for Research, Johns Hopkins University
David Schultz, Assistant VP, Research Administration and Finance, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Handouts will be available 24 hours before the live webinar.
Closed Captioning for the live presentation is available at no additional fee. Sign in and click on the "Closed Captioning" link in the handouts tab or in the links box in the meeting room to access this feature.
Member Price: $105.00
Non-Member Price: $125.00
Participants will obtain knowledge of how these elements shape the culture of compliance.
Johns Hopkins University
Assistant VP, Research Administration and Finance
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Participants receive 1.5 hours of continuing education credits = .2 CEU's for each webinar.
You can access your certificate from the box on the right side of the screen, after filling out the webinar evaluation.
Watching in a group? Everyone watching the presentation can request a CEU certificate by writing down the verification code at the end of the webinar. Please make a note of the verification code as it will not be available after the webinar.
The main registrant can access instructions on the Group CEU tab for group participants to receive CEU certificates.
We recommend testing your browser as soon as possible in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
For additional recommendations on your computer set up for the webinar, please click here.