Successfully Managing Your Institutional Research Portfolio
A Three-Part Online Series for the Senior Research Officer (SRO) at Your Institution Vice President - Vice Provost - Vice Chancellor for Research
Part I: The Important Role the SRO plays (30 minutes)
Part II: Legal and Regulatory Framework (30 minutes)
Part III: Leading the Research Enterprise (30 minutes)
In 90 minutes, four leaders in the profession will guide you on what you need to know, what you need to be asking and who you need to be talking with. The program can be experienced online through NCURA's online learning platform or you can download the MP4.
"A visionary SRO has an unique opportunity to implement changes that could transform their institution's research enterprise for generations. However, the SRO also has an immense responsibility for ensuring that the research conducted at their institution is compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements. This three-part series from NCURA should be required viewing for all SROs, whether new to the role or a bit more seasoned, to help them fully understand how, and the degree to which, their vision for excellence in research depends upon excellence in research administration."
Craig A. Reynolds
Assistant Vice President for Research - Sponsored Projects Office of Research and Sponsored Projects (ORSP) | University of Michigan "
$295 for NCURA Members
$490 for Non members
Not a member yet? Join NCURA for $190, enjoy a year of NCURA member benefits and then receive the member rate!
Assistant Vice President for Research (emeritus)
University of Montana
Associate Vice President for Research and Deputy Vice President for Operations
Washington State University
Associate Vice Chancellor for Research
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Chief Research Compliance Officer
This course is worth .15 CEU's. You will be able to print your certificate from this page after completing all three parts.
Includes one CEU certificate per registration. Group CEU requests are not available.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties we recommend testing your browser in case you need to contact your IT department for help.
- It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser.
- Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings.
- Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
- Wifi is not recommended. The problem with WiFi is signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease.
- We recommend a wired connection. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- It's better for organizations with low bandwidth to only have the webinar running on 1 computer in a conference room than having 10 individual people running the session on 10 computers at their desks.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- Non-member - $490
- Member - $295